On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 at 01:29PM -0600, Dan wrote:
> I just moved my mail over to a new Debian box, and now Mutt always
> thinks I have new mail in my mailspool (/var/mail/dan). If I'm in,
> say, my tclug folder, after reading a message, Mutt will say I have
> new mail in my inbox -- but there's not.
>
> I'm guessing this is some sort of file access/modification time issue,
> but I don't know what's the problem or how to fix it. Any suggestions?

I figured out the problem: the filesystem somehow got mounted with the
"noatime" option, so access times weren't being updated for
/var/mail/dan. Mutt apparently compares the access and modified times to
see if there's new mail.

Easily fixed by editing /etc/fstab and doing

  # mount -o remount,atime /

Dan

--
Ceci n'est pas une .signature.