  From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Tim Wilson
  Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 4:58 PM
  To: Jay Austad
  Cc: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
  Subject: Re: [tclug-list] large number calculator

  On Mar 13, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Jay Austad wrote:

    I need to do some calculations on very large numbers, and bc won't

    handle it. Does anyone know if a good tool which doesn't really have

    a limit on the size of numbers that it can deal with? Something

    preferably free, I only really need to do one calculation to find out

    the probability of something, but it's fairly complex and has huge

    numbers in it.

  Python handles large ints pretty well. You could just fire up the python
interpreter (type 'python' in a shell) and start entering your numbers is
regular mathematical notation.

  -Tim

  --
  Tim Wilson