On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 11:15 -0600, Christopher Howard wrote:
> I have a Performa 5200CD and a Performa 6320CD.  The 6320 is faster with
> biger hard disk and has some type of video capture card in it.  The 5200
> is a one piece with the built in monitor.  I figure move what I can to
> it.  This is a NuBus system.

These are terrible machines. They're PPCs kludged onto an '040
motherboard.

http://lowendmac.com/tech/x200.shtml

...So I was absolutely astounded when I was able to boot Linux on a
5200:

http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/

The kernel booted, but thats all the farther I dared to go. These things
are slower than molasses. My high school had a 5200 in each classroom.
They were barely faster than the LCIIs that filled the computer labs...

I don't think any distribution supports NuBus PPC out of the box. Hell,
nothing supports OldWorld anymore. You're deep in hack-it-yourself
territory here.

Personally I have a 6500/275 (OldWorld PCI) running FC4. I managed this
by installing Yellow Dog 3 (last OldWorld supporting version), finding a
third party OldWorld compatible 2.6 kernel package, and upgrading via
yum...

> If posible it be nice to watch a VCR or DVD thru the video card, use it
> as a TV, and then have streaming audio off the net at other times.  I
> know what I need to get Debian onto it, but does any one have knowledge
> about the video capture card?

There's a Plan B v4l driver, but near as I can tell its pretty bitrotted
these days.