I have an HD-3000 too, but I've had some trouble getting it working in
Ubuntu. I've been able to view NTSC with my old bunny ears, but can you
post some more info about your setup? Specifically, do you use an HD
antenna, and which Linux distribution and HD viewer do you run?

Thanks for the info,
Nick