From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org [mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Keith Bachman
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:48 AM
To: TCLUG
Subject: [tclug-list] Installation Server/Mirror

I'm in the process of expanding on my desktop (currently: AMD Athlon64 3800+, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, DVD R/RW, 10/100/1000 NIC, dual-booting XP Pro and Ubuntu 5.10 at the moment, but Windows is purely for gaming) with another HD or two, so I could very easily drop a mirror of whatever on there.

So, here's my questions:

Which distros do we want?
How many revisions back do we mirror for them, or do we just mirror everything available on the public servers?
Any reason the HD couldn't be set up to be moved/duplicated/mirrored as needed, if say I wasn't able to make it to an installfest, I just pass the disk off to someone else who can, and we have the drive itself set for such work?

I'm looking at 1-2 320GB drives or better, I would have no problem dedicating one of them for this purpose.  Or perhaps I acquire one of those Raptor 150GB 10k SATA drives?

Let's figure this out...I've got disk space (coming soon) and bandwidth to spare.