At some point I am going to want the TV capture feaures (moving in
with a bunch of TV nuts), but right now I'm just looking to playback
some DVD disc images, music, and other random video files from a
remote control, idiot-resistant interface.

Once I get Myth working right, my desktop will probably cease to serve
as a desktop. I'll just move it out my my home theater setup and let
it sit. I rarely use the desktop anyways, I prefer my laptop in bed to
sitting at my desk. Currently it has an ancient SBLive! that sounds
great for two channel sound, but I've got the full surround system and
I would like to take advantage of it. My video card is a Nvidia FX5300
with an s-video output, so it sould work, although I'm a bit
corncerned about the quality of s-video compared to component outputs.
In my experience, s-video outputs seem blurry, and once again, I've
got the home theater setup with the 16:9 TV, I'd like to utilize its
capabilities.