I'm thinking about turning my desktop into a MythTV box to play DVD
images straight from the harddrive. I want to hook it up into my home
theater system, which means i'm going to need a new sound card,
something with a digital output. I would prefer a TOSLINK output, but
SPDIF would grudgingly accepted. Does anyone have any recommendations
for cards that are relatively problem free as far as linux
compatibility, particularly with digital output, DTS passthrough,
etc.?

I would also like to find a video card that has good component video
output and linux compatibility. Any recommendations there? I've read
the MythTV docs and they seem to stop short of saying "xyz product
works really well and is what you should buy."

-t