Sorry, that was a bit rude of me, merely linking to the info and not
talking about it on the list.

I'm using OpenOffice.org on Ubuntu with Sun's version of Java. It's
the most current version of everything as packaged for Ubuntu (so,
like, 1-month old)

The kicker is that the main query/form in the linked database below
('Scanned') works beautifully. I just can't replicate that anywhere
else, and need to.

Thanks again.

                -jordan