On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Chad Walstrom wrote:

> I vote, "Yes, lift the Yahoo! ban."
>
> Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu>  wrote:
>> OK, now what do we do?
>
> Just state your vote.  I vote yes, because I it is possible to moderate
> at a user level with the newer mailman software, and have new list
> members moderated by default; something we couldn't do five+ years ago.
> I fully expect those people who vote yes to be willing to volunteer as
> list moderators.

What a bizarre system for voting -- spam the list with votes.  Are you,
Chad, in a position of authority within TCLUG and so your suggestion is an
official declaration from TCLUG about how we are now supposed to vote?
It is extraordinary because it is causing so much trouble already and your
idea will definitely make things a *lot* worse before they get better.
In addition to my vote below, I suggest that we should meet sometime and
come up with a better way of managing TCLUG.

My vote: lift the ban.

Mike