On 6/27/06, Tom Marble <tmarble at info9.net> wrote:
> John T. Hoffoss wrote:
> > Yes, Lift Yahoo Ban
>
> We're not really going to conduct a poll via e-mail, are we?
>
> There *must* be some FOSS solution for strong authentication
> (at least identity as confirmed by round-trip e-mail, if not GPG).
> When I edit my "members page" I am prompted for HTTP Basic Authentication
> so https://mn-linux.org has an identity database that we could use.
> So I'm advocating voting on a website (instead of e-mail) so that we can
> reduce the likelihood of gaming the vote and provide statistics.
>
> Didn't Bob refer to some website for the (older?) poll?
> I didn't dig for that URL because if we are starting a new poll I don't want to
> speak for the disposition of any previous infrastructure/poll.

Holy crap people, what the hell is wrong with just saying yes/no? Auit
the discussion, at least in this thread, and quit the "hey lets write
a tool to do this" and lets just frickin do it so we can be done with
this one way or the other. Saying yes/no in an email WORKS. You don't
need a poll software. You can't really go around and spoof votes this
way either, unless you're going to register a bunch of yahoo (grin)
accounts to skew the results.