Here is a wild idea....

When an issue like this arises, discuss this at a TCLUG meeting.
Everyone bring their research, ideas, etc. to the TCLUG meeting, and
discuss it like adults.  This solves 2 problems:
1) It gets the topic off the mailing list
2) The problem gets resolved/voted on in front on actual human beings.
 Then, no matter the outcome, at least everyone can have their say in
front of others.

I do want to disagree with one point.  Some people have been saying
that this topic is not linux related, and thus should not be on the
mailing list.  This is wrong.  The topic is about a TCLUG rule that is
in place, and TCLUG items belong in the TCLUG mailing list.

There's my 2 cents.

- Joey