Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu>  wrote:
> Too bad we didn't have a brief explanation of your ideas about the
> issues before the vote.  You sent one word: "denied."  Then when the
> guy you treated so rudely responded in kind, he was attacked instead
> of you.

To be clear, Mike, there is no vote.  If you wish to propose an
official community vote to re-enable Yahoo! accounts to the list, then
do so.

Besides, "Denied." isn't so rude, it's simply a statement.  Perhaps he
should have put a smiley face behind it; they're apparently necessary
in email today.  How about this one: :-P

> I don't have time to read the rest of your aimless message with all
> the exclamation points and one-word sentences, but it doesn't look
> any more productive than some of the other messages you've sent
> today.

Actually, it was a relatively succinct account of the process that led
to the community-driven decision to ban Yahoo! accounts from the list.
It may not have been a masterpiece of literary delight, but it got to
the point in few words.  It's worth a read.  Go to GMANE or the list
archives if you routinely delete useful list email before you read it.

In any case, you'll find no second in me for such a vote proposal, if
it does make it to the list.  If we have over 700 users on the list
and require a majority vote to allow Yahoo back on, and if the quorum
needed is, let's say 15%, then at least 74 votes must be cast
(verified via PGP/GnuPG).  The ballot would be simple:  keep the ban,
drop the ban, find a herring and use it to cut down the largest tree
in the forest and then find a nice shrubbery...

Or, we could just ignore all this and get back to talking about Linux?
I suppose not...

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/