Jima wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, nick thompson wrote:
>> Wayne, I ask you to reconsider, and I think everybody will be able to
>> come out of this happy. (and besides, if Jima get's that package in
>> fedora extra for you, it'll be that much easier :] )
>
>  From what I was told by the reporter, the main issue ATM is some
> problem with tre (a BuildReq for crm114) crashing under x86_64.  As I
> don't have any x86_64 machines, I'm going to be limited help there, but
> I'm stepping up to clear crm114 as quickly as I can once that's
> resolved.  (Because after all, more useful software being available to
> the average user is generally a good thing.)
>
>> Anyway, I don't know I just had to write something on this thread as I
>> have absolutely great memories of the first tclug meeting (at the mall
>> of america, no less...) where ben kochie, a few others and I scrawled
>> email addresses on napkins in the food court. This must have been early
>> 98 or so maybe late 97, who cares anyway the point is... that day I had
>> NO IDEA how great tclug would become. I mean, Bob & team seem to do an
>> incredible job making the list do it's thing. And I find it's always
>> great to have a linux list that's local, for fun stuff that appeals to
>> all of us, some in different ways, beer meetings, hardware exchange,
>> hardware sale, hardware recommendations, and of course the non stop
>> linux questions... let's make this list the best it can be.
>
>  According to the research I did while looking for a definitive founding
> date for the Linux Counter's LUG listing
> (http://lugww.counter.li.org/groups.cms?&cc=US&rc=MN), the date of that
> first meeting was 1998-02-07.  I'm not off-hand finding my source on
> that, but I do recall seeing an email that cited that specific date
> (else I would have been more vague).  I wasn't there, but I'm a bit of a
> historian.
>
>      Jima

Jima,
  Oh thank you so much!!! you just solved a mystery that has been
bothering me for years!! i lost my email for 97 & 98 ( don't ask,
lessons learned.. ;p) and i have wondered what the date of that food
court meeting was for a while now. Thanks! : )

Nick

"All unix, all the time."

http://npt.ath.cx