If you're wanting a good fundamental tutorial and you're cheap (like
myself), The Linux Documentation Project has a fantastic "Introduction
to Linux" tutorial:  http://www.tldp.org/guides.html

I've personally found it best to go through guides like this and learn
the fundamentals then look for guides for specific distros or tasks
that you're trying to accomplish.  It is a learning preference and I
find that I learn better by going through tutorials like this and then
seeking help if I'm really stuck on something.