J Cruit wrote:
> Well, if this message hadn't come on the heels of a major Yahoo worm
> bot spreading fast I might be more inclined to say sure.
> http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/security/0,39044215,39367249,00.htm
>
> I've been getting these "New Graphic Site" emails constantly over the
> past few days.
>
> But if other free mail solutions are also allowed I'm not sure if
> there is a big difference.

Since the list is members only, that worm would only be able to send
messages to the rest of us if someone who was subscribed to this list
opened the worm (in the yahoo web client).

And then we could promptly ridicule that person for opening the worm
bot, and ban them if necessary.

I really don't see why yahoo should be singled out since this is a
members only list.  But I don't know the history that led to the ban.

Dan

--
Daniel Armbrust