On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, J Cruit wrote:

> Well, if this message hadn't come on the heels of a major Yahoo worm bot
> spreading fast I might be more inclined to say sure.
>
> http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/security/0,39044215,39367249,00.htm
>
> I've been getting these "New Graphic Site" emails constantly over the
> past few days.

Sounds like that is over with.

> But if other free mail solutions are also allowed I'm not sure if there
> is a big difference.

Right.  (Even though I don't use yahoo mail and I don't like yahoo mail.
I'm not taking their side in this, but I don't see why they should be
singled out.)

More questions:  Doesn't our list distribute only from subscribers?  If
not, we could change that.  If yes, is it easy for a bot to subscribe to
our list?  If it is easy, can we change that?

Also, it looks like about 67% of spam emanates from Taiwan, 23% from the
US and 3% from China.  China is in third place!  So a huge amount comes
from Taiwan and there might be a way to detect that and move it to a spam
folder.  Of course, the usual spam-detection schemes can also help.

Mike