<disclosure>
I don't know anything about vonage or their voip service. I don't know
anything about your linksys router.
</disclosure>

To be able to monitor your net traffic you'd have to indicate your network
topology and you didn't really say what you want to monitor specifically with
your service. If your linksys supports SNMP i'd recommend enabling it and do
an snmpwalk (maybe nagios supports this for scanning devices?) and see what
is available and then check the documentation from linksys for vonage to see
if they have any specific mibs for their voip service.

Unless someone here has done what you're looking for I think you would be best
off with contacting vonage support and see if they have any docs or info
available on your subject. Sometimes you need to talk to a few different
people until you get one of the real knowledgeable folks. Alternatively you
can contact their CSR or sales and indicate you're close to dropping the
service if you can't figure out a way to monitor it the fashion you want,
additionally telling them that you've gotten mixed response from the support
people and you just want to get a straight answer.