Hey everyone,

I've been busy learning the ins and outs of nagios for a week or so.
We've got it running at school, and I've set it up at home to monitor
various devices around the house. One thing I'd definitely like to
monitor is my VoIP connection to Vonage.

I seriously doubt that pinging vonage.com would tell me anything
about whether I'm getting a dial tone or not. I can't figure out a
way to get the IP address, port, and protocol that gets used when I
make a call. I messed around a bit with tcpdump to sniff some
packets, but since my Vonage service is built into my Linksys router
I don't think I can sniff anything of relevance.

Any suggestions? I'm no packet sniffing expert so maybe I can capture
those packets after all. Suggestions welcomed.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA