On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 08:42:56AM -0500, Lance Jahnke wrote:
> Hello group. I have been googling for about a week and cannot find the
> answer to this question. I have Redhat Enterprise Linux 64bit with
> Kernel 2.6.9-34 and need to control the shutdown process.

Why not take advantage of the support Red Hat gives you for subscribing
to RHEL?

> Here is my scenario:
> script first isn't an option. I created K01ora_stop scripts in RC0.d,
> RC1.d, RC5.d, RC6.d and this has no effect. NFS still gets dumped before
> Oracle which creates obvious issues. Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.

You should read the file /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysvinitfiles.
It'll teach you how to write an init script and how to make it work with
the Red Hat tools chkconfig and service so it works with all of the
other init scripts.

Nate