Sam,

  That did it.  Thank you so much!!!

 Damien

----- Original Message ----
From: Sam Martin <s.earl.martin at gmail.com>
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2006 7:41:03 PM
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] X-less streaming client

(I may or may not have botched my original attempt to send this... If
I ended up sending duplicates, I apologize)

> 1. Anyone successfully scripted automatically firing up a live 365 stream using command line tools and if so, any tips?

A little trial and error, combined with firefox and ethereal, led to
the following *ugly* one-liner.  Substitute your username, password,
and the stationid you care about, and you *should* soon hear streaming
music...

$ mplayer `wget -q --save-cookies=cookies.txt --keep-session-cookies
--post-data="membername=username&password=password"
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi && wget -q --load-cookies
cookies.txt --output-document=play.pls
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/play.pls?stationid=297252 && sed -n
'/^File1/p' < play.pls | sed 's/^File1=//'`

HTH,

sm