Hello group. I have been googling for about a week and cannot find the
answer to this question. I have Redhat Enterprise Linux 64bit with
Kernel 2.6.9-34 and need to control the shutdown process. Here is my
scenario:

I am using a NetApp filer for storage with my Oracle 10g database and
binaries running on the filer connected via NFS. When my computer
operator does a shutdown from the console via the GUI interface, I need
the system to run my Oracle shutdown script first before doing anything
else and then continue on with normal shutdown. My CIO doesn't want the
operators to run stuff at the command prompt so shelling out to run my
script first isn't an option. I created K01ora_stop scripts in RC0.d,
RC1.d, RC5.d, RC6.d and this has no effect. NFS still gets dumped before
Oracle which creates obvious issues. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.