A quick question for all the Debian gurus:

I have an older woody system that needs to be updated to sarge but
it's running a lot of services, ie, potential to break lots of stuff.

"apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" will update all packages.  I know
I can download individual pkgs and upgrade them via "dpkg -i
<pkgname>" but I'd prefer to use apt to handle any dependencies.

Is there a way to selectively apply updates via apt?

What I want is something like this:

    apt-get update pkg_a

which would only upgrade pkg_a and it's dependencies.
I didn't find anything in the apt man page that indicates apt supports
this type of action.

ideas?

Thanks,
scot