On Monday 31 July 2006 12:54 pm, Sean Waite wrote:
> Does this seem odd, or has this happened to anyone. I go to do a Yum update
> (Suse 10) and the system reboots on an old AMD K2-450. Now at first I would
> have assumed that the system was being overworkded (?), but yet I have
> installed a few packages that required compiling which were much more CPU
> intensive for a longer time than the Yum update is running.
>
> Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way, but I can not seem to figure out
> why Yum would cause a reboot of all things.
>

> Sean Waite

Its possible your underlying version of RPM is faulty. If you're using 10.1
then you'll want to make sure you've got the updates for Zenworks and YaST.
(Of course if you are using the commercial version that may not be needed.)
When I upgraded it took two tries because I needed to be wired into the
network to be able to configure the online updater and grab the updates.

Anyway you might try running the Online update from YaST and see if that
corrects anything.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com