On Monday 31 July 2006 12:54, Sean Waite wrote:
> Does this seem odd, or has this happened to anyone. I go to do a Yum update
> (Suse 10) and the system reboots on an old AMD K2-450. Now at first I would
> have assumed that the system was being overworkded (?), but yet I have
> installed a few packages that required compiling which were much more CPU
> intensive for a longer time than the Yum update is running.
>
> Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way, but I can not seem to figure out
> why Yum would cause a reboot of all things.
>

> Sean Waite

Do you not use yast? What version of SuSE 10? I have found some bad
instabilities in 10.1 and 10.0 is a .0 release.

Also you should check the log files for yum (if there are any) and others
like /var/log/messages and what not. You could also dump all logging to a
separate file for troubleshooting then try and reproduce the scenario.