Mike Miller wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Chris Frederick wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how you could accomplish this without terminals for the
>> TVs.  I'm slowly planing the same thing, but I plan on a pc on each TV
>> monitor.  One of the genius points of MythTV is you can have your one
>> central server, and a ton of frontends.
>>
>> I've looked around a lot for cheap and small PCs that would work for a
>> client, and I came up with this:
>>
>> http://www.logisysus.com/
>> C-BOX 134 2" smallest slim PC, VIA 1GHZ/600MHZ fanless CPU
>> http://logisysus.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_57&products_id=47
>
> Will it give good quality video out?  HDTV?
>
> It would be nice to have a DVD player built into it.
>
> Maybe you can boot from flash memory?
>
> Mike

If you visit the second link, it will show the specs you can modify on it.

 > Will it give good quality video out?  HDTV?

"VIA CastleRock AGP graphics with MPEG-2 decoder, S-Video and TV-Out"
Doesn't look like HDTV ready, but S-Video has never failed me yet.

 > It would be nice to have a DVD player built into it.

It can have a DVD-ROM installed (the slim laptop kind) and MythTV has
optical disk support (VCD, SVCD, DVD, etc...) so, this would work just
like a DVD player if you set it up right.

 > Maybe you can boot from flash memory?

It has options for Solid-state IDE Flash drives, but they're kinda spendy:

1GB Solid state IDE flash Hard drive(+$109.00)
2GB Solid state IDE flash Hard drive(+$179.00)
4GB Solid state IDE flash Hard drive(+$289.00)

For those prices I can live with the hard drive noise, that and most
laptop sized hard drives don't make a lot of noise anyway, not enough
that I would expect to hear it across a room anyway.

Other options I like are the wireless keyboards (RF and IR options):
Mini RF 2.4GHZ Wireless LG20 with trackball and joystick.(+$59.00)
Mini LG-573 IR Keyboard With Built-In Track Ball (Black(+$69.00)

And of course the chance to buy it without an OS installed.  ;)

Chris