My cable modem is a v1.0 which is *only* DOCSIS 1.0 compatible, despite
what 1st level Linksys tech support staff may say.  That's not a problem
with Charter, however.

While the cable ISP can read the RF signal level reported as input by
the cable modem, a user cannot read this except on the new combined unit
that has cable modem, router, and wireless access point all in one box.

Linksys says all their cable modems have the same RF sensitivity and
dynamic range spec, so swapping cable modems is not a solution for my
signal level problems.  I must get Charter to come out and measure the
levels and determine whether their buried cable has died.  This is very
likely the problem since they have replaced cables for two neighbors
recently.

> 2) Size of a cell..

Nobody had a size estimate between cross-over points for a cell..

> 3) An ad for the Verizon Razr phone sez GPS, video, & music
> 3a) does it actually have storage for offline videos and
> music or just keep web links for these things?  Seems like
> too much memory is needed.
> 3b) Is it a full and independent GPS or a partial
> implementation (like a Winmodem) using some unique cell network data?
> ie, if I had such a phone and took it to the Boundary Waters
> where there is no signal, can I play stored videos and music
> and use the GPS or some or all of that dead when out of range?

Verizon says these services are not fully resident in the phone.  The
GPS is useless away from a tower, and the music and video depend upon a
memory expansion that is not yet available from Motorola and would not
operate away from towers either.

I think that's a GROSS misrepresentation that should get high publicity
as fraudulent.

Chuck