On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:11, Andrew Zbikowski wrote:
> I don't know of any either, but I always thought someone should invent
> a chair with a pressure switch that could communicate with your
> computer. Then script/integrate/whatever with IRC/IM clients to set
> yourself away and back automatically.
>
> I don't see anyone buying it ever, but it would be a fun little side
> project...if I had time for another side project. ;)

I'd suggest checking motion rather than mass.  It's pretty easy to hook an IR
motion detector to the printer port.  Radio Shack had a cheap one a few years
back, and it only involved soldering one wire.  Add a few lines of C code,
and it would call a function when something moved.  It was really quick to
put together and was unobtrusive.

Jeremy