Henrik Hudson wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 14:52, "jason reynolds" <jeruvin at gmail.com> sent a
> missive stating:
>> I'm curious if anyone has any experience with a Linux mail server in
>> addition to Exchange on a network. I'm thinking if it's possible to have 40
>> email accounts setup on a Linux mail server and have 10 of these emails
>> forwarded to an exchange server on the network and the rest available to a
>> pop client connecting to the Linux mail server.
>
> Under a single domain?
>
> Easiest would be to create and user at exchange.domain.com for email in your
> internal network on the exchange server and then just alias mail for users
> destined to user at domain.com to the exchange mailbox. You can even scrub the
> email before it hits your exchange server, etc...
>
> Henrik

That is what I do. We run Linux based mail accounts for 70 students and
the 8 staff run on an exchange server. I have the aliases setup in
/etc/asiases for the exchange server. Staff use OWA for web based access
to exchange and squirrelmail for student's access to their mail. It
works well as all the exchange mail is filtered with clam, spamassassin,
etc.

Rick