On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Chuck Cole wrote:

>> The camera is not nearly as good as those on many other devices.  It
>> has no WiFi or GPS.  So, along with many reviewers, I'm calling it a
>> great cell phone and a mediocre PDA.
>
> Hadn't occurred to me to say that a camera and GPS are essential parts
> of "a PDA".  Guess I'm behind the trends  :-)

It hadn't occured to me either, and that's why I didn't say it, but they
add value to the device.

> Nice options, perhaps, but I'd rather not have the extra battery drain
> and weight until I need them.  I can go for 4-5 days without recharge on
> a factory option rechargeable battery on my I-330..  do any of these
> "full-featured" things have similar battery life?

I don't know.  It's hard to believe that a camera drains the battery when
it isn't being used.  It also seems unlikely to me that the GPS is
draining the battery when it isn't being used but I don't know.

With the Treo 600 (the one I own), I can go 4-5 days without recharging
when the phone is on but not used.  I can go much longer than that when
the phone is turned off.

Mike