On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 09:56:44AM -0500, J Cruit wrote:
> I'd get the Treo700P from Sprint or Verizon  nice screen, ssh available
> for palm OS, nice camera, cell phone and not windows OS.  Now I don't
> actually think it has Wifi but it does at least have the EVDO which is
> pretty darn fast, I get 700K down and 300k up in bandwidth tests using it.
>
> It however is not a linux os but it plays very well with them.

For my purposes, EVDO is next to worthless - I've got the resources
for a basic cell plan, but not to add a data plan.  This is subject to
change, but probably not for a couple of years.

I see that the 700P has one card slot, and my quick googling turns up
that there's no support for SDIO 802.11 yet.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org