Jima wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, nick thompson wrote:
>> You got to it first!!! ;p Just kidding... ;p Anyway, yeah if you could
>> send me the kernel arguments, I would really appreciate it.
>
>  Ultimately, the people who had it before me got to it first, at least
> for the 2.4 series.  (Feel free to shame yourselves if you'd like -- I'm
> not outing you.)  I had to make some minor adaptations for 2.6.
>  From my understanding, you no longer need memmap=exactmap with 2.6.
> This system used (IIRC) 640K at 0M, 15M at 1M, and 624M at 16M with 2.4.  With
> 2.6, I'm successfully booting with only memmap=624M at 16M.  I suspect,
> then, that memmap=304M at 16M *might* work for you.  Not sure about
> dosci/dokeymap; I didn't need those with my stock Fedora kernels.
>
>      Jima

Hmm.

gentoo memmap=304M at 16M starts booting the kernel, but I still get:

enter mode # or scan: 0
Ucompressing linux.. Ok, booting the kernel.
ACPI: unable to locate RSDP
..mp bios bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-ABIC
PCI:failed to allocate resource 1000000 at 42000000 for 0000:01:06.0

here it seems to freeze, though for a while at the beginning I can see
the cdrom drive accessing the cd, same as before. anyway, I'll report
back more successes/failures... :)

nick

"All unix, all the time."

http://npt.ath.cx