Steven N. Trapp wrote:

> <<OVER-AND-OUT
> --
> Wow. That's way cool thing you're doing. As far as hardware goes,
> I independently reinvented the BLOB METHOD when it comes to soldering.
> So I don't do much of that.  Besides I breathed too much lead trying.

Hehe yeah it is pretty fun, the nslu2 community is incredibly helpful
too, of the like ga-zillions of unix / tech / computer / unix / unix
nslu2-general is more broad, unslung openslug everything is talked about
on here. still good though. Also, *this* very mailing list kicks ass, as
you can see by how nice John is being, and just how nice and helpful
everybody is. I love TCLUG. Anyway, hope to hear back on the serial
mod... cool either way, just scared to break it. Anyway, I am too damned
tired to work on this thing tonight, and that is very unlike me...

...But I have been working on getting a 2.6 kernel working on a compaq
proliant 2500 with a U1 storage array and a 2/DH storage array
controller. Anyone with personal experience with a 2.6 kernel on this
type of machine, I would love it if you would say something... (to the
person whom i got this from, you know who you are... : ) I would feel
guilty asking you for help on this one, since you hooked me up with such
great equipment. anyway, I of course in no way mean "do not respond" I
just mean, don't put effort into it if it's at all a bother, you already
helped me out so much. hehe. I ramble. anyway, this thing has 12 4.3 gb
scsi drives, between the 5 in the machine (dual ppro 200, 320 megs ram)
and the 7 in the separate rackable (both rackable) U1 storage array, so
anyway... apparently these Smart/2 controllers are cool as hell, from
what I've read. : ) Anyone have any experience?

p.s. sorry for combining posts... i should scold myself

Nick

"All unix, all the time."

http://npt.ath.cx