Sorry I can't reply in thread - gmail won't let me see my original post.

I was able to duplicate my apache seg faults on my production box.

Taking an off-list suggestion from Jay Jarvinen, on my testing box I
relinked libmysqlclient14 to libmysqlclient12, since the gdb backtrace
showed it going through  /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14 .

           ln -s libmysqlclient.so.12.0.0   libmysqlclient.so.14

Now Apache/MySQL/PHP get along fine and dandy.

The only reason I say 'sort of' fixed is that I don't know what the backward
linking might break, so I'm a little hesitant to put it in production.

Anyone have any wisdom on that issue?

Thanks,

Steve