Dana Millaway wrote:

> Is there a static charge issue with these bigger compressors and
> vacuums?  As a K-12 school, we are always cutting corners on costs but
> I am not willing to tempt fate on some things.
>
> Dana M.
> District Technology Coordinator

The moving air from any of these things can generate static, and the
canned air wouldn't be any better or worse than a compressor.   But
everybody uses them without serious problems, as far as I know.  Fans
and heat sinks should be OK, and go easy on memory modules.

3M used to have an ionizing air nozzle for use on electronics, but they
were all recalled because of the radioactive ion source.

Kraig