On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Jordan Peacock wrote:

> So....in other words, suck it up or try something else?
>
> That's a pissy bug.
>
> I'm downloading the bleeding-edge version, to see if anything's
> different at all. I'll report back if things work/not work.

Great.  Of course you can't fix a bug unless you know how to program
(probably extremely well in this case) and even then it would take a long
time to get into the code well enough to figure it out.  You can contact
the OO people to see what's going on.  You can hire someone to do the
work for you, but that seems pretty expensive.

With Microsoft bugs it would often be worse.  They could make you wait
until they came out with a new version and then make you pay for it.

I think the basic issue here is that either the OO Base program is not
fully developed and ready for widespread use, or the integration of Base
with Writer is not ready.  I guess you'll just have to wait.

Mike