On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Ryan wrote:

> On 6/30/06, Jordan Peacock <hewhocutsdown at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, that was a bit rude of me, merely linking to the info and not
>> talking about it on the list.
>>
>> I'm using OpenOffice.org on Ubuntu with Sun's version of Java. It's
>> the most current version of everything as packaged for Ubuntu (so,
>> like, 1-month old)
>>
>> The kicker is that the main query/form in the linked database below
>> ('Scanned') works beautifully. I just can't replicate that anywhere
>> else, and need to.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>>                -jordan
>>

> I think the crux of your problem is you're using a barely out of beta
> 1.0 of a database product.  See
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=38660  it fails to do
> a common mail merge.  EVEN Ms Office can do that.  Oh, I know, "at
> least he has access to the source code"

Good one.  ;-)

It's good to know at least this much about where OO currently stands.
The integration of the database with the word processor is a very
important thing.  Once they get that working and stable, they'll have a
really nice product for small businesses.  That will be really huge and
I'm looking forward to it.

Mike