Pete Daniels wrote:
> Swear to Dog, all the dependencies listed in the readme are met, but I bog
> out during configure.  Here's the message:
>
> ---
> checking for GDESKLETS... configure: error: Package requirements (pygtk-2.0>=
> 2.4.0 pyorbit-2 >= 2.0.1 gnome-python-2.0 >= 2.6.0) were not met.  Consider
> adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software
> in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively you may set the GDESKLETS_CFLAGS and GDESKLETS_LIBS
> environment variables to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the
> pkg-config man page for more details.
> ---

Check the config.log file; it's in the same directory as the configure
script.  It will be huge.  Start at the bottom, and read backwards.  It
should contain more descriptive error messages from configure's
sub-programs.

Also, we might be more able to help if you tell us more about your
environment, especially your distribution.

Cheers,

Eric