Bob Tanner <tanner at mn-linux.org>  wrote:
> So, I'm back :-) Pitching a CMS for tclug, this time Drupal.
> Comments?

Seems to be a mature PHP site.

> Any other CMS we should be looking at?

Do we really need a CMS?  I'm starting to think something like
MoinMoin or Twiki would be sufficient.  It doesn't appears that anyone
really wants to administrate the site, and a Wiki would be a (very)
low barrier of entry.

We run MoinMoin at CBS, and we're pretty happy with it. Lots of
plugins/modules and pretty mature.  UMN's Office for InfoTech just
installed a U-wide Twiki instance which they liked for it's plethora
of modules/plugins and its maturity.

The driving goal here, I think, it to have a community maintained site
without unnecessarily exposing it to vandalism.  Do we want to simply
disseminate information, or are you interested in providing other
tools: slashdot articles, forums, etc.

I suppose we already have few custom apps on the tclug site: a
classifieds program, the member database, and polling.  Are we looking
to replace any of these?  Tie them in?  Are they PHP?  Perl?  Python?

In any case, whatever makes Bob's life easier sounds good to me.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/