On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Raymond Norton wrote:

> I have a used Dell laptop that must have been modified after it was
> shipped because I cannot find the proper windows driver for it. I booted
> it with Knoppix, which finds and brings up the nic. Where can I look in
> Knoppix to see what driver it used, so I can get a clue what windows
> driver to look for?

A couple of places to look.  The first thing I'd try is running the
command lspci, which gives you a list of all pci devices in your system.
Another thing to try would be lsmod (giving you a list of loaded modules
in your system, including loaded device drivers).  But you'll probably
have better luck with lspci.

Brian