On 1/20/06, John Sanborn <jsanborn at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Installing Fedora 3 on some generic box with a PIII 600MHz processor and I
just get:
> <0>Kernel panic – not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt

It could be a hardware issue or a software issue.  We need more info.

What stage of the installation are you in when this happens?  I.e. booting
to the CD, middle of install, after install on first boot, etc.
Are you stuck with FC3? Could you try FC4, Ubuntu, or others?
What is the rest of the hardware?  The processor rarely has anything to do
with these issues. Most often I see this kind of error when your boot image
doesn't have the module for your hard disk controller. I've also had similar
problems on machines with bad RAM while trying to load the install CD's
image into memory.

Anyway, give us some more info and maybe we can help.

-Eric