Hi All,

I have a Mac connected on my home network to share files from a Linux
machine. I just use the clear text login with a Linux account. All was
working fine for a very long time until recently I was doing something in
Photoshop on the Mac and the connection to the share dropped (I'm sure
PhotoShop isn't the problem). I thought maybe the NIC gave up and died but I
can still open web sites in a browser. However, when I open the Chooser and
try to connect to the Linux share, I get as far as selecting the server and
entering the username and password, but when I click the Connect button it
hangs. The dialog starts to open that would display the available
directories to connect to, but that dialog remains blank and the little
wristwatch cursor just sits there and nothing ever happens. I then have to
force quit the chooser. I would really appreciate it if anyone has
experienced something like this and might have suggestions to the cause or
solution.

Thanks,

John