If you don't care if it's officially Debian and just want a
debian-like system, you could also try Ubuntu.  I've had very good
luck with Ubuntu Breezy on my HP ZV6130 laptop (I'm not sure what the
differences are with the ZV5000 series).  And it's a really nice
desktop distribution with pretty good laptop support.

Jonathon