If you're used to Windows 98, you probally won't notice much of a
difference between WinXP Home and Pro. You can do alot more with WinXP
Pro, and Microsoft will activily support WinXP Pro for much longer
than they will WinXP Home. New patches/service packs for WinXP Home
will probally end within a couple years of Windows Vista being
released. I belive WinXP Pro will be supported until 2011.

That said, it's fairly easy to restore grub using a Knoppix disk, but
not quite as easy as using your Fedora Rescue CD.

With Knoppix:

Pop in the Knoppix CD. At the prompt, knoppix 2 should kick you into
text only mode. Once booted, mount up your linux partitions.

mount -t ext3 /dev/hda5 /mnt
mount -t ext3 /dev/hda6 /mnt/home

However you partitioned your disk.

Now with your linux partitions mounted (under Knoppix), run the
following commands:

grub-install --no-floppy --root-directory=/mnt/boot/grub /dev/hda

You may get some floppy I/O errors even if you do specify --no-floppy
(I did on 11/10/04 when I last did this...), but as long as you get a
"Completed with no errors" type message, you are set. You should get
your grub menu when you reboot.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue >0;