On 1/6/06, Jeff Rasmussen <jeff.rasmussen at gmail.com> wrote:

> If sudo is set up:
> sudo mount /dev/scd0 /mnt
>
> otherwise run as root:
> mount /dev/scd0 /mnt
>
> Only root will be able to view contents unless you use a bunch of
> switches.

Is the system available for mounting USB devices?  If not, he'll need to
either load the modules or compile into the kernel.

A more preferable method is to change the options within the /etc/fstab file
from "owner" to "user" so that a non-admin user can use it.  Something
similar to:

/dev/scd0     /usbcdrw       iso9660         noauto,user,exec   0   0

Syntax could be wrong, as I have never attempted to mount a USB CD-Rom
device.

BTW, if the CD-Rom has blank media in it you won't be able to mount it.
It's treated just as if he's trying to mount a CD-Rom drive without media.

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..