You're right, Dan. I really ought to stop recommending TWiki.
<nop>_It was_ <nop>*by far* the best thing alive when I put it up 4
years ago at a former employer. I did the ugly task of forcing people to
use BumpyWords. (tsk,tsk, I'm editing your doc! do it right!) Hindsight,
I think it caught on because I wrote 90% of everything for 2 years and
my techs could search for and maybe even *find* useful info instead of
phkng calling me all day.
TWiki for me was simply a great way to write quick stuff quickly and to
publish more format-intensive stuff consistently. then there's, mm, LDAP
Plugin. Search the dreckry from yer browser? The TWiki core developers
are very consistent and conservative. Good for them, I think, but wikked
little tools (perl tools) like that one make me wanna take these guys
seriously.
I still don't know why perl is a strike against, tho, or how TWiki is
any more difficult to install and configure than any mySQL/PHP thing. I
can put up a TWiki in about 20 minutes.. Mm, now I should go back and
read my first paragraph again. And get proficient at mySQL and PHP.

perl is probably the worst language ever written.. and the most useful.
I can't find the quote!