I had a similar issue and it turned out to be that the system was
referencing itself with a name that wasen't in the /etc/hosts file for
some reason.  Make sure that you put in every possible combination of
hostname you have in the hosts file.  I think for some reason I had to
put in hostname.local 127.0.0.1 to solve my issue (although several
years ago so my memory is scetchy).

--j