I've used Debian and (way back when) Red Hat .

Besides apt, one beauty of Debian is not having to get on the upgade
treadmill every 6 months, 1 year, or whatever. Sarge will be a round for a
while.

I've never used a GUI for admin, so I can't speak to that. Does your
sysadmin want one? I just have a nightly perl script that runs "apt-get
update; apt-get -s upgrade" and sends me the results if anything needs
upgrading. Then it's just 'apt-get upgrade'. Doesn't happen often.

As far as OSX, it rocks - except for MySQL, at least. I do all my devel work
on a Mac using BBEdit, then upload it to an el-cheapo Box Shop white box
that is my server. Sad to say, the white box is faster.

Steve
--------