I'm pretty old-school I guess (and probably pretty old), so I usually just
use the command line instead of neat file management tools like Konqueror.
But I was just told about the fish protocol, so I gave it a try.  At first
it wasn't working for me and I was a bit mystified.  I think I know why
now, so I thought I'd send a message to the list to see what other people
have been finding.

When I entered this in Konqueror....

fish://machine.umn.edu/

...I would I get a prompt for ssh login, and it would seem to log me in,
but then I would see this error message:

An error occured while loading fish://machine.umn.edu/:
Could not connect to host localhost

It puzzled me at first but then I realized that Konqueror was
automatically changing my URL string to this:

fish://machine.umn.edu/:

(adding a colon at the end of the line) which did not work.  Deleting the
colon worked, but that would put me in the root directory (which makes
sense).  To get to my home directory, I should have been entering this:

fish://machine.umn.edu

(no slash or colon at the end).  That works fine.

Weird little quirk, isn't it?  (I mean the colon that it adds without my
asking - the slash putting me in root makes sense.)

Now I realize that I can do cool things like this:

konqueror fish://username@machine.umn.edu &

Mike