On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 12:32:46PM -0600, Andrew Zbikowski wrote:
> Putty has been ported to Linux. While most of us prefer the command
> line ssh, someone coming over from Windows may prefer the GUI options
> offered by putty.
>
> Joe, what you need to do to solve your problem is to install the
> development libraries. You should be able to do this from SuSE's
> package manager. Check the readme file included in the putty source to
> see what needs to be installed before you can build putty.

Wow..  This is easily the most blasphemous thing heard on tclug in a
while..  putty's gui is terrible!  ;)

Why spend time trying to get putty compiled when far superior options
are already installed with his distro.  No point in switching to linux
if you're not willing to adapt a little - and I assume the original
poster just wasn't aware of the "linux way".

To the original poster, just go to any terminal (i'm sure you've got
half a dozen installed) and type ssh followed by the hostname to which
you would like to connect.

Humbly,
drue