I set up a new mailscanner server and attempted to test it by configuring
our current relay servers mailertable to send all mail that we scan for
one domain to the new server. Then I configured the new relay to send the
mail to the target domain. Unfortunately, the original server just queues
the mail instead of sending it on to the new relay. I am not getting any
error messages in either mail log, and no new records are generated on the
new server. I have set the mailertable to use smtp, esmtp, relay, and
ignore the mx record. I can telnet to port 25 from one server to the
other, and send mail to the new server, which shows up in my mailwatch
screen.

Both servers are running sendmail 8.13.1

Are there more logging functions I can turn on, or maybe an easy fix?

Raymond